The Accountant performs a variety of tasks to support the accounting department, including processing weekly payroll, maintaining the fixed assets subledger, preparing account reconciliations, and recording adjusting journal entries as part of the month-end close process. This position is exempt under the FLSA and reports to the Controller.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Preps weekly payroll
- Pays employees accurately and timely
- Ensures that payroll expense and accruals are accurately recorded in accordance with GAAP
- Maintains the fixed asset subledger
- Applies capitalization policy to record new fixed assets
- Calculates and records monthly depreciation expense
- Reconciles fixed asset financial statement caption to subledger
- Tracks activity within balance sheet and expense accounts
- Reconciles activity within balance sheet accounts to the general ledger (GL)
- Ensures that expenses are coded to the appropriate GL account in the proper period
- Identifies, investigates, and resolves reconciling items
Month-end Close Process
- Ensures all prepaid expenses are recognized in the proper period
- Performs month-end bank reconciliations
- Calculates and records interest expense on loans
- Identifies, investigates, and resolves variances between financial statements and source documents
Purpose, Mission, Values
- Lives out the company’s purpose, mission, and values.
- Provides remarkable customer experiences.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, payroll, taxes, and related principles and practices.
- Skill in operating a personal computer and programs, including Quickbooks Desktop.
- Ability to understand, speak, read, and write in English.
- Ability to detect/recognize information in written materials and on computer screen 75-100% of time.
- Associates or Bachelors degree in accounting and 1+ years of experience as an accounting generalist or similar role OR a combination of education and experience that illustrates a proven track record in this field.
- Ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to move objects, maintaining a stationary position most of the time.
- Name: Imagen Henderson
- Phone: 210-890-5584 | Email Us