Concrete Foreman – Houston
Baird Foundation Repair, a regional leader in the foundation repair industry, is looking for hands-on concrete foremen to join our growing team in Houston, Texas. Our purpose is to redefine the construction industry by providing our customers with a remarkable experience. We care deeply for and strive to build a long-term relationship with each customer as we restore value to their homes. At Baird, we also redefine for our employees. We want our employees to know that they are the most valuable to us and experience success in a way they never imagined for themselves.
The Crew Leader oversees their crew and each production job to completion, ensuring quality, safety, and efficiency. This position is non-exempt under the FLSA and reports to the Production Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Lead, Manage, Accountability (LMA)
- Communicates tasks and other messages to their team before, during, and after each job.
- Trains their team on installation methods, tools, equipment, and materials.
- Ensures the safety of themselves and their team at all times.
- Motivates, encourages, and recognizes their team.
- Corrects their team members as necessary, letting the Production Manager know about the situation as necessary.
- Reviews job specifications before leaving the company, ensuring everything needed for the job is on the truck.
- Once at the job site, assesses conditions and makes adjustments as necessary.
- Performs high quality installations, moving job progress to an on-time completion.
- Troubleshoots issues as needed and innovates processes on the spot as needed.
- Collects payment at job completion.
- Completes all paperwork and returns to the appropriate people at the company.
Remarkable Customer Experience
- Communicates with the customer throughout the project using the company’s customer messaging.
- Ensures the customer is aware of and happy with any change to the job before making the change.
- Ensures the customer is happy with the finished job.
- Leaves the customer’s home clean and proactively take measures to leave it in better condition than found.
- Provides customers with a remarkable experience.
Purpose, Mission, Values
- Lives out the company’s purpose, mission, and values.
- Provides remarkable customer experiences.
- Knowledge of construction or related trades preferred
- Ability and skill in operating equipment and/or power tools preferred.
- Ability to operate a phone/apps/tablet.
- Ability to detect/recognize information in written materials or on a screen up to 75% of the time.
- Ability to understand, speak, read, and write in English; ability to speak Spanish is a plus.
- High school diploma or GED preferred and 1+ years of experience in the construction trades OR a combination of education and experience that illustrates a proven track record in this field.
- Ability to lift or move up to 100 lb. occasionally, and/or up to 50 lb. of force frequently, and/or up to 20 lb. of force constantly to move objects.
- Ability to stay upright/stand up to 100% of the time.
- Ability to move about and move to/from and work from the floor level or in crawl spaces.
- A valid driver’s license (and/or CDL), safe driving record, and ability to drive for the company.
Baird offers a comprehensive health & welfare benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, Employee Referral Program and paid time off.
- Imagen Henderson, Recruiting Coordinator
- 210-890-5584 | Email Us