The Houston Sales Supervisor supervises the work of the sales team in Houston. This position is exempt under the FLSA and reports to the Sales Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Lead, Train and Develop
- Removes barriers so that the company’s vision is achievable.
- Assists in recruiting and selecting new employees.
- Leads group and individual meetings/trainings as needed.
- Provides expectations and holds employees accountable to meeting these expectations.
- Supervises employees’ performance, conducts performance reviews, and partners with Sales Manager and HR on other performance decisions.
- Creates/provides opportunities for employees’ growth and development.
- Meets and exceeds sales goals and other key performance indicators for the company and individual sales representatives.
- Targets performance management and training to achieve sales goals and other key performance indicators.
- When customer issues are escalated to their level, works to resolve all issues with customers.
- Ensures customers have a remarkable experience.
Purpose, Mission, and Values
- Lives out company’s purpose, mission, and values.
Houston Sales Representatives
- Knowledge of sales, marketing, and/or customer service principles and practices.
- Knowledge of construction principles and practices preferred.
- Skill in operating a personal computer and programs.
- Ability to detect/recognize information in written materials and on computer screen 75-100% of time.
- Skill in verbal (including presentation skills) and written communication.
- Ability to monitor and identify patterns on related to key performance indicators.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 15% of the time to San Antonio office with overnight stays as needed.
- Ability to understand, speak, read, and write in English.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred and 2+ years of sales and/or sales management experience OR a combination of education and experience that illustrates a proven track record in this field.
- Ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to move objects.
- Ability to move about/traverse up to 50% of the time.
- A valid driver’s license, a safe driving record, and the ability to drive for the company.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position. Such statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. All employees are requested to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor. Employees may also be required to work in excess of normal working hours as workloads and seasonal activities necessitate. Regular, reliable attendance is considered an essential job function. This document is subject to change at any time without notice.
- Michelle Strawser, HR Manager
- 210-876-4230 | Email Us