The Sales Trainer creates and teaches the training program for the company’s sales department. This position is exempt under the FLSA and reports to the Sales Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Creates, leads, and manages the sales department’s training function.
- Sets and inspects performance expectations for sales reps.
- Assists the Sales Manager with performance management for sales reps, including developing growth plans and performance improvement plans.
- Leads group and individual sales training meetings on a weekly basis.
- Conduct sales ride-alongs with sales reps.
- Provides other departments with sales training as needed.
- Along with the Sales Manager, formulates and implements strategies with the goals of having each sales rep and the company meet sales goals.
- Runs sales appointments from time to time to stay fresh on sales process.
- Create training materials, including written materials, PowerPoints, videos, and more.
Purpose, Mission, and Values
- Lives out the company’s purpose, mission, and values.
- Provides remarkable customer experience.
Indirect Reports – Sales Representatives
- Knowledge of sales principles and practices.
- Skill in operating a personal computer and programs.
- Ability to understand, speak, read, and write in English, including presentation skills.
- Ability to detect/recognize information in written materials or on computer screen up to 75% of the time.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred and 2+ years of sales, sales training, or sales management experience OR a combination of education and experience that illustrates a proven track record in this field.
- Ability to exert up to 20 lb. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to move objects.
- Ability to move about and move to/from and work from the floor level or in crawl spaces.
- A valid driver’s license, a safe driving record, and the ability to drive for the company.
- Imagen Henderson, Recruiting Coordinator
- 210-890-5584 | EMAIL