The Accounting Manager performs a variety of tasks to support the accounting department, including A/P, A/R, and payroll. This position is exempt under the FLSA and reports to the Director of Operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Accounts Payable
- Records all expense transactions accurately in accordance with GAAP.
- Ensures vendors are paid timely and appropriate discounts are taken.
- Tracks and ensures inventory is accurately reflected through various inventory control procedures.
- Accurately and timely reports and pays all taxing authorities.
- Maintains W-9 and general liability files.
- Accounts Receivable
- Performs invoicing for each completed project.
- Ensures all revenue is recorded accurately and timely in accordance with GAAP.
- Works with customers on payment and financing issues.
- Ensures the company timely collects payment.
- Ensures monthly reconciliations are completed accurately and timely.
- Accounting/Financial Operations
- Assists executives with overseeing the financial operations of the company.
- Helps identify, acquire, and implement systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information to the company.
- Financial Information & Analysis
- Provides accurate and timely financial information.
- Assists in creation of the annual budget process, providing insights and recommendations to support growth.
- Assists in setting performance measures and monitoring systems to support the company’s strategic direction.
- Assists in the annual audit process, working with external auditors on informational requests. Resolves audit findings and ensures the company’s control environment eliminates risk.
- Protects and maintains confidentiality of the company’s and employees’ financial information.
- Purpose, Mission, Values
- Lives out the company’s purpose, mission, and values.
- Provides remarkable customer experiences.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, payroll, taxes, and related principles and practices.
- Skill in operating a personal computer and programs.
- Ability to understand, speak, read, and write in English.
- Ability to detect/recognize information in written materials and on a computer screen 75-100% of time.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and 1+ years of experience as an accounting generalist or similar role OR a combination of education and experience that illustrates a proven track record in this field.
- Ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to move objects, maintaining a stationary position most of the time.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position. Such statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. All employees are requested to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor. Employees may also be required to work in excess of normal working hours as workloads and seasonal activities necessitate. Regular, reliable attendance is considered an essential job function. This document is subject to change at any time without notice.
Baird offers a comprehensive health & welfare benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, Employee Referral Program and paid time off.
- Michelle Strawser, HR Manager
- 210-876-4230 | Email Us