Crawl Space Problems
Crawl Space Services In San Antonio
Have you noticed uneven or bouncy floors in your home? If so, there is a good chance your crawl space is experiencing structural problems that are causing it to sink or sag in the middle. Crawl spaces experience structural sagging for three primary reasons:
- Support columns spaced too far apart
- Rotted joists, girders and posts
- Columns settling due to weak soil or poor footings.
If you notice signs of mold, wood rot or sagging floors in your home, it’s a good idea to reach out to our team at Baird Foundation Repair. We’re ready to bring you the latest in sagging floor foundation repair and crawl space solutions.
Signs You Have Crawl Space Foundation Problems
If you’re concerned about the integrity of your crawl space foundation, watch out for these key indicators that may be a sign you need Baird for your home repairs.
Bouncing Or Sagging Floors
If your floors feel bouncy or are visibly sagging, it could signify issues with your crawl space. This condition affects the aesthetics of your home and poses potential safety hazards.
Wooden elements within your crawl space, such as joists or support beams, may be susceptible to wood rot if excess moisture is present. Rotting wood weakens the structural integrity of your foundation. This issue needs prompt attention to prevent further damage.
Odors And Mold
Unpleasant odors and the presence of mold or mildew can indicate excessive moisture in your crawl space. Mold growth not only affects indoor air quality but can also lead to health concerns. Quickly addressing these signs can help prevent further damage to your crawl space. It will also ensure the stability and safety of your home.
If you suspect any of these issues, consider consulting a professional on our team for your crawl space wood rot repair, support jack installation or other services.
Installing The SmartJack®
Installing the SmartJack® support system is a fast process that will not disrupt your home or landscaping. During our crawl space repair, your installers will follow these five steps:
- Preparing for installation – Our system design specialists will determine the best plan for your home’s needs, mapping out the location for each crawl space support jack.
- Placing the footing – A pre-cast concrete base (or footing) is placed on top of the engineered fill and carefully leveled to serve as a stable base for the steel jack post.
- Cutting the jack posts to length – The steel tube used in each SmartJack® is manufactured with a triple-layer, in-line galvanized coating.
- Assembling and tightening – Each crawl space jack post is assembled in your crawl space and the jacks are adjustable for future tightening, should you need it.
- Crawl space mold remediation – Our team can provide additional services like encapsulation and drain or sump pump installation to protect against moisture-related damage.
With help from Baird, you can bring an end to tilting or sinking crawl space supports and insufficient support beams. Our solutions will correct damp or decaying wood, uneven or sagging floors and signs like cracks in interior drywall and misaligned door and window frames.
Advantages Of Our System
At Baird Foundation Repair, we recommend installing the SmartJack® system. This technology uses adjustable, heavy-duty steel crawl space jack posts with a quick installation process. These posts provide the best solution for restoring stability to your structure.
The SmartJack® system can be installed in tight conditions, usually in less than a day. Made with galvanized steel for corrosion resistance, it can support vertical loads exceeding 60,000 lbs. The adjustable design of our crawl space jack system means that sagging floors can not only be stabilized – they can also be restored to their original position in many cases.
To address the issue of poor supporting soils, each crawl space jack distributes the weight of the home through a precast concrete footing and a base of engineered fill material. The SmartJack® is the only solution that addresses problematic soils during crawl space re-stabilization!
We’re Your Local Crawl Space Structural Support Contractors!
If you’d like a permanent solution for your crawl space issues or any other foundation problem, we’re here to help. We offer free crawl space structural repair quotes to homeowners in Texas.
To schedule your free, on-site inspection and written estimate, call us today! We proudly offer all our foundation repair services in San Antonio, Corpus Christi, Houston, Austin and surrounding areas.