The Accounting Assistant performs a variety of tasks to support the accounting department, including receiving customer payments, tracking and collecting outstanding customer balances, inputting and paying vendor invoices, and identifying, investigating, and resolving inventory variances. This position is non-exempt under the FLSA and reports to the Controller.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Enters customer payments into the accounting system
- Matches customer payments to bank deposits
- Tracks and monitors outstanding customer balances
- Contacts customers to collect outstanding balances
- Identifies, investigates, and resolves unapplied customer payments and credits
- Enters vendor invoices into Quickbooks (desktop version)
- Ensures proper GL coding of vendor invoices
- Organizes and maintains vendor files
- Prepares checks to vendors
- Identifies, investigates, and resolves issues related to vendor invoices
- Inputs purchased inventory items into Quickbooks
- Ensures that all completed projects have inventory assigned to them
- Compares book inventory to physical inventory on a monthly basis
- Identifies, investigates, and resolves book to physical variances
Month-end close process
- Assists in month-end close procedures such as reconciling data sets and investigating variances
Purpose, Mission, Values
- Lives out the company’s purpose, mission, and values.
- Provides remarkable customer experiences.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, payroll, taxes, and related principles and practices.
- Skill in operating a personal computer and programs, including Quickbooks Desktop.
- Ability to understand, speak, read, and write in English.
- Ability to detect/recognize information in written materials and on computer screen 75-100% of time.
- 1+ years of experience as an accounting generalist or similar role OR a combination of education and experience that illustrates a proven track record in this field.
- Ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to move objects, maintaining a stationary position most of the time.
- Name: Imagen Henderson
- Phone: 210-890-5584 | Email Us