Our Receptionist cheerfully answers the main phone line for the company and promptly transfers all calls to the appropriate person/que. Warmly greets all visitors to the company and directs them to the appropriate person/location. Supports the company’s management, purpose, mission, and values.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Is the “voice” of the company and represents us by cheerfully answering the main phone line and promptly transferring all calls to the appropriate person/queue.
- Warmly greets all visitors to the companies and directs them to the appropriate person/location.
- Performs a variety of administrative tasks for the company as needed.
- Provides customers and visitors with a remarkable experience.
- Regular, reliable on-site attendance.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Skill in operating a personal computer and programs.
- Skill in verbal communication.
- Ability to understand, speak, read, and write in English.
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks and perform accurate data entry.
- Warmth, cheerfulness, can-do attitude, urgency, and positivity!
- Possess talent and personal traits:
- Customer Focus
- Detail Orientation
- Diplomacy & Tact
- Empathetic Outlook
- Interpersonal Skills
- Planning & Organization
- Stress Management
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED preferred;
- Some experience with a multi-line phone system;
- 1+ years of experience in customer service; or,
- A combination of education and experience that illustrates a proven track record in this field.
- Ability to understand, speak, read and write in Spanish is a plus.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS 0-24% 25-49% 50-74% 75-100%
|Detect/recognize information in written materials and on computer screen|
|Communicate accurately on the telephone and in person with others|
|Accurately operate a computer and calculator|
|Ascend/Descend/Move self to lower position to inspect items under, on, or close to floor level|
|Ability to drive a vehicle|
|Ability to enter and work in a crawlspace|
|Ability to travel overnight, up to 5 days a week|
PHYSICAL DIMENSIONS FOR LIFTING, CARRYING, PUSHING, PULLING
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to move objects. Job involves maintaining a stationary position most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if moving about is required only occasionally.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position. Such statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. All employees are requested to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor. Employees may also be required to work in excess of normal working hours as workloads and seasonal activities necessitate.
Baird offers a comprehensive health & welfare benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, Employee Referral Program and paid time off.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Experience: Entry Level
- Reports to: Customer Care Manager
- Olivia Taylor, HR Recruiter
- 210-890-5584 | Email