The Sales Manager manages the company’s sales department, leading the time and the work of the sales department. This position is exempt under the FLSA and reports to the Director of Operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Lead, Manage, Accountability (LMA)
- Cascades the company’s vision and provides clear direction.
- Removes barriers so that the company’s vision is achievable.
- Recruits, selects, onboards, and trains new employees.
- Leads group and individual meetings/trainings on a weekly basis.
- Provides expectations and holds employees accountable to meeting these expectations.
- Manages employees’ performance, conducts performance reviews, and partners with HR on other performance decisions.
- Creates/provides opportunities for employees’ growth and development.
- In collaboration with leadership, develops the sales department’s annual goals and plan.
- Reports progress on goals on a monthly basis to ownership.
- Makes adjustments as necessary, ensuring the sales department is consistently rowing in the same direction.
- Removes obstacles and barriers so that the sales team can meets it goals.
- Ultimately responsible that the sales team:
- Gets sales made.
- Delivers on ADL, ADS, quoting, and/or closing goals.
- Provides remarkable customer experiences.
- Timely resolves customer issues.
- Is an ambassador and guardian of the company’s and sales team’s culture.
- Proactively works towards the sales team’s health.
- Effectively resolves issues—must be comfortable with conflict, addressing issues, and solving problems in a practical and healthy manner.
Purpose, Mission, and Values
- Lives out company’s purpose, mission, and values.
- Knowledge of sales, marketing, and/or customer service principles and practices.
- Knowledge of construction principles and practices preferred.
- Skill in operating a personal computer and programs.
- Ability to detect/recognize information in written materials and on computer screen 75-100% of time.
- Ability to monitor and identify patterns on related to key performance indicators.
- Skill in verbal (including presentation skills) and written communication.
- Ability to understand, speak, read, and write in English.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 30% of the time to Baird offices across Texas with overnight stays as needed.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred and 2+ years of sales and/or sales management experience OR a combination of education and experience that illustrates a proven track record in this field.
- Ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to move objects.
- Ability to move about/traverse up to 50% of the time.
- A valid driver’s license, a safe driving record, and the ability to drive for the company.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position. Such statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. All employees are requested to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor. Employees may also be required to work in excess of normal working hours as workloads and seasonal activities necessitate. Regular, reliable attendance is considered an essential job function. This document is subject to change at any time without notice.
- Michelle Strawser, HR Manager
- 210-876-4230 | Email Us