Why Should You Seal Your Concrete Patio?November 18, 2021 Baird Foundation Repair
The idea of sealing your concrete patio may seem unusual, however, there are a lot of benefits. Sealing your concrete with Baird Foundation Repair can increase your patio’s lifespan and prevent it from looking worn out. Leaving your patio unsealed may leave room for cracks and may lower your property value.
Despite not being a driveway or heavy traffic area, your patio is an important area of your home’s exterior to keep updated. Below are a few reasons why you should seal your concrete patio.
The appearance of your patio’s concrete slab matters the most – it can either decrease or increase your property value. Patio protection is similar to adding wax to your car or applying sunscreen to protect yourself from harmful UV rays. A sealant, like SealantPro™ for example, will expand the life of your concrete.
Protection from Freeze-Thaw
Your patio can suffer from freeze-thaw during the winter. We may not experience snow and ice often in Texas, but unexpected freezing temperatures give the opportunity for freeze-thaw to happen.
Freeze-thaw occurs when concrete is saturated with water and the temperature drops, freezing the water that the concrete absorbed. Since frozen water expands 9% of its original volume, it causes distress to the concrete creating micro-cracks or even making existing cracks worse. When the weather warms up, the ice melts and reveals the damaged concrete.
As years go by with cracks expanding and water seeping into your concrete, the soil that’s leveling your patio is washed away, causing the foundation to become un-level. Sealing your patio with SealantPro can protect water from getting inside these existing cracks and causing instability.
Concrete sealant can protect from any unwanted stains that can appear if you’re doing anything such as painting, greasing lumber or having a barbecue with friends and family. You never know what kind of messes may occur! Applying a sealant will make cleaning up a lot easier and it’ll look as if nothing happened.
How Does a SealantPro Protect the Concrete?
There are multiple ways that patio sealant can protect your concrete patio.
- Repels moisture from getting into the cracks of the concrete – The sealant will cover any air bubble that’s too small to see with our eyes. It prevents anything from getting inside the concrete and from eroding the concrete.
- It strengthens the concrete lifespan – SealantPro permanently protects your concrete by penetrating deep into pores and actually bonds with the concrete, creating a strong, permanent barrier.
- Prevents concrete breakdown from weather – The weather can weaken the concrete and make the patio look as if it is several years old instead of just a few months old. The sealant prevents concrete from breaking down due to adverse weather conditions.
- The patio color will stay enhanced and aesthetically pleasing to the eyes – In just one clear, non-yellowing application, SealantPro permanently protects your concrete from its strongest enemies: moisture, chemical elements and seasonal changes. With SealantPro, concrete stays smooth and stain-resistant.
- Prevents mold and moss from growing on the concrete – Creating a strong barrier with your concrete and not allowing moisture to continuously move through the concrete, SealantPro helps prevent mold and moss from growing onto your concrete.
If you’re interested in learning more about concrete patio sealing and SealantPro, contact Baird Foundation Repair!Baird Foundation Repair , concrete sealant , foundation repair