5 Factors for Consideration in Choosing a Home Foundation ContractorMarch 1, 2014 Melanie Chaney better business bureau , concrete repair , foundation repair
Choosing the right home foundation repair company for your home’s issues requires careful consideration, because the strength of your home depends on the foundation, and if it isn’t repaired correctly you could end up with far worse problems. Ill-repaired foundations often lead to additional repair bills later on, and they can create dangerous living conditions for you and your family. If you want to avoid unnecessary expenses and ensure your family’s safety, be diligent when researching and choosing your foundation repair provider.
These five major factors will help you narrow down your search for a good home foundation repair company:
1. Experience – Experienced companies know more about the issues you’re going through, can offer better solutions, and will be able to get the job done more quickly and affordably.
2. Location – When you choose a house foundation repair provider, look for someone in your local area. Local soil and weather conditions are the cause of many foundation problems, so choosing a provider in the area ensures that you get a professional who has knowledge about these local problems and how to fix them.
3. Reputation – Consult the Better Business Bureau to see how local repair providers are rated. The best companies will have an A+ rating. You can also look online for reviews and testimonials from past customers, which can give you a good idea of the type of service you can expect, and will let you know which companies to avoid.
4. Insurance – Anyone who works in or on your home needs to be properly insured. If they’re not, you could be held liable for any damages they cause or injuries they suffer while on the job. Always ask potential service providers about their insurance coverage before hiring them.
5. Estimates – Cost is always a factor in your foundation repairs. Ask any professional company you’re considering to give you an estimate before they begin their work. If they refuse, consider it a sign of a questionable company and look elsewhere.
If you are looking for a home foundation repair company, consider Baird Foundation Repair. Contact us at 210-534-4110 today to learn about our credentials and get started.